Visually, western red cedar is favoured for its rich and inviting colours. It can be used for both internal and external applications such as cladding, linings, joinery, windows and more.
Natural resistance to deterioration has long made Western Red Cedar the premium choice for either interior or exterior home use. Cedar fibres contain natural compounds called thujaplicins that act as natural preservatives.
Western ‘red’ Cedar comes from Canada/North America and is very popular because of its natural durability and pleasant aroma.
- Machines well
- Excellent for gluing, takes nails and screws well
- Paints, stains and polishes well
- Extremely versatile in interior and exterior use
- Takes a fine finish
- Smells Beautiful
- Very durable
- High resistance to warping, twisting and checking
- Long lasting, particularly when properly treated
- Fences & Gates
- Timber Panelling